How do I keep my NETELLER account safe?
NETELLER's money processing is founded on watertight security, but there's a lot you can do as an individual to help keep your account safe:
- Take advantage of NETELLER's industry-standard security features - make sure you've registered and verified your mobile phone number with NETELLER, so that you can receive authentication codes securely via SMS. Never disclose your Secure ID to anyone and change it regularly.
- Ensure you are buying from a reputable company. You can start by checking that the company physically exists. Do they have an address and contact number? Do they clearly list their privacy and returns policies? Use the internet to check the company out. Read review sites and do some research before making your purchase.
- Closely guard with your personal information – never be afraid to question who you are responding to and why they want the information they have requested.
- Navigate directly to trusted websites by entering the URL (web address) directly into your browser's address bar. Beware of navigating to sites via hyperlinks, banner ads and third parties.
- If you're satisfied that the site you're buying from is genuine, choose a safe and secure way to pay that doesn't pass on your financial details to the merchant, such as NETELLER.
- Maintain unique passwords for any account that contains sensitive personal and financial information. Make sure your passwords are hard to guess, and change them regularly. Never share them. This applies to your NETELLER password as well.
- Make sure your computer has antivirus and anti-spyware software, and ensure you keep it continually updated.
- Install personal firewall software on your computer to detect and block unauthorized internet connections that could compromise its security.
- Install the latest updates and patches for your web browser and the operating system you use to connect to the internet.
Note: A NETELLER representative or anyone affiliated with NETELLER will never ask you for your password or Secure ID.