How to prevent fraud?
NETELLER’s money processing is founded on watertight security, but there's a lot you can do as an individual to help keep your account safe. Check out our tips below:
- Keep your financial data safe and never share it with third parties.
- Never share your Secure ID, passwords, or one-time passcodes.
- Change your credentials regularly.
- Use a unique username and password for each of your accounts.
- Don't click links or attachments in suspicious emails or social media posts. Always access websites directly to log in to your accounts.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi networks when accessing sensitive information.
- Don’t store any personal information, financial details, or passwords on your devices.
- Resist any pressure to act immediately.
Take advantage of NETELLER’s industry-standard security features
Make sure you've registered and verified your mobile phone number with NETELLER, so that you can receive authentication codes securely via SMS.
Buy from reputable companies
Start by checking whether the company physically exists. Do they have an address and contact number? Do they clearly list their privacy and returns policies? Use the internet to check the company out. Read review sites and do some research before paying with your NETELLER account.
Be suspicious of offers that sound too good to be true.
If you're sure that the site you're buying from is genuine, choose a safe and secure way to pay that doesn't pass on your financial details to the merchant, such as NETELLER.
Closely guard your personal data
If you receive a call or email from someone asking you for certain information, don’t be afraid to question who you are responding to and why they want the information they have requested.
Keep your devices up-to-date
- Make sure your computer has antivirus and anti-spyware software and update it regularly.
- Install personal firewall software on your computer to detect and block unauthorized internet connections that could compromise its security.
- Install the latest updates and patches for your web browser and the operating system you use to connect to the internet.
Note: NETELLER will never ask you for your password or Secure ID. Anyone asking you for such information is only pretending to be us.