1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
“Account” means your online stored value account which holds electronic money;
“Account ID Information” means any and all of the following pieces of information: your Card details (Card number, expiry date and CVV code), your PIN, information you use to log in to your Account, your secure identification number, security questions and answers and other Account credentials and information specific to your Account;
“Card” means each Net+ Prepaid Mastercard® issued by Paysafe Financial Services Limited to you, whether in the form of a physical card or a virtual card or in any other form we may decide which is registered to your Account;
“Customer Contact Centre” can be contacted on (toll free) +44 20 3308 9525 or by visiting https://www.neteller.com/en_ca/support;
“Fees Table” means the tables of Fees published on our Website from time to time (and which can currently be found under the heading “Fees” on https://www.neteller.com/en_ca/home;
“Mastercard” means Mastercard International Incorporated of New York or its successors or assigns;
“Member Site” means the website accessed by Members using their Account ID Information, where Members can view their transaction history, deposit funds into their Account and make other Transactions;
“Merchant” means any commercial or business entity that accepts cards displaying the Mastercard® acceptance symbol as payment (where a Card Transaction is concerned);
“month” means a calendar month;
“NETELLER”, “Paysafe”, “we”, “our”, “us” means Paysafe Financial Services Limited, Company No.4478861, with its registered office located at Compass House, Vision Park, Chivers Way, Histon, Cambridge CB24 9AD United Kingdom;
"Paysafe Group" means Paysafe Financial Services Limited, its subsidiaries, holding companies and associated companies;
“Payment” means any payment made using your Card;
“PIN” means the personal identification number which we may issue or approve to be used with your Card;
“Transaction” means, as the context permits: (i) a Payment; or (b) a Withdrawal; or (c) a Deposit; and, in each case less any applicable Fees;
“Website” means www.neteller.ca or such other website through which we may offer the NETELLER Service from time to time;
“Withdrawal” means removing funds from your Account by using your Card at any ATM; and
1.4 A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality).).
1.5 A reference to a holding company or a subsidiary means a holding company or a subsidiary (as the case may be) as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
1.6 Unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular shall include the plural and in the plural shall include the singular.
1.7 Any words following the terms including, include, in particular, for example or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words, description, definition, phrase or term preceding those terms.
2.6 The latest version of each of these policies is located on the Website for your reference.
3. NETELLER SERVICE
3.1 Paysafe Financial Services Limited is an authorised electronic money issuer authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom, under FCA Reference Number (FRN) 900015. All Cards are issued by Paysafe Financial Services Limited pursuant to a licence by Mastercard.
3.3 Although you are not required to keep a balance in your Account, if you do have a balance in your Account, funds representing that balance are segregated and pooled with funds representing the balances of other Members in an account held by us pursuant to the requirements under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011. We are not permitted to pay any interest to you in respect of balances held in your Account; any interest earned on the pooled account will be the property of Paysafe.
4.1 To become a Member, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age and of the age of majority, whichever is older, in your country of residence;
- not be a resident of any country where we do not provide the NETELLER Service as set out in the Non-Serviced Country list which may be amended by us from time to time, without notice;
- open an Account in accordance with the instructions set out in the registration page of our sign up Website including completing all requested information set out on the registration page;
- maintain an active address, phone number and email address; and
- satisfactorily pass all of Our necessary identity and security validation and verification checks.
4.2 You may not permit any other person to use your Account. Unless we otherwise permit from time to time, you may not open more than one Account and we may, without notice, close any or all of the Accounts of a Member who has, or whom we reasonably suspect has, unauthorised multiple Accounts.
4.3 You will promptly update your Account details on the Website if your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card or bank account information changes.
In order to use the NETELLER Service, you must:
- be a Member; and
6. USING YOUR ACCOUNT
6.2 Purchasing electronic money
- You may purchase electronic money by using one of the Deposit options available to you. You must provide the information requested and pass all identity and security validation and verification checks. For any Deposit, you authorise us to obtain or receive funds on your behalf from your chosen payment source, less any applicable Fees, and then issue electronic money to your Account.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, certain Deposit options allow you to fund electronic money to your Account by debiting an account at your financial institution. In the event we are advised of insufficient funds in such account, we may re-present such uncleared payment at your financial institution up to two more times. In addition, we may debit the applicable insufficient funds charge and such uncleared payment from your Account, obtain it from your designated financial institution or otherwise collect it from you.Deposits are subject to fees and currency conversion fees depending on the method used. Please see section 8 for further details on fees
6.3 Applying for additional Cards
- You may apply for additional virtual Cards or a physical Card once your Account has been verified (see section 6.3 (ii) below).
- In order to apply for a physical Card or more than one virtual Card, you will need to “verify” your Account by confirming your identity and where you live. Details of how to do this can be found on the Website. We may use third parties to obtain this information, which may also contain credit checks, on our behalf. You agree to us applying reasonable discretion in using and sharing relevant personal data to conduct such identity and verification checks.
- If you receive a physical Card, you must sign it as soon as you receive it.
- We reserve the right to refuse to issue you a Card in our sole discretion.
6.4 Using your Card
- You can use your Card anywhere Mastercard® is accepted, however a virtual Card can only be used where a physical card is not required, for example, Transactions made online or over the phone.
- All Transactions made using your Card are subject to:
- there being sufficient funds in your Account;
- the Merchant or financial institution being able to verify that you have sufficient funds available in your Account; and
- In certain sectors, Merchants such as car hire companies, hotels and other service providers will estimate the total sum of money you may spend or for which you require authorisation. The estimate may be for more than the amount you eventually spend or are charged. This means that some of the funds on your Account may be held for up to 30 days (or 90 days for car hire companies) and accordingly, you will not be able to spend this sum during this period. We are unable to release such sum without consent from the relevant Merchant, which you must obtain from the Merchant.
6.5 Closing your Account and redeeming your funds
- If you wish to close your Account, you may do so by notifying us in writing. Subject to subsection (iii) below, you may redeem at par all of the balance of electronic money in your Account (excluding amounts that have not cleared your financial institution).
- We will process your request provided all identity and security validation and verification checks are successfully completed.
- Depending on the method that your funds are redeemed,, a Fee may be applicable which will be deducted from the balance in your Account prior to Withdrawal.
6.6 You must give consent to the execution of a Transaction for it to be authorised. You agree that by pressing the “agree” button, or entering your Account ID Information (or any equivalent button or process whereby you submit the required Transaction information) you are confirming that you are providing consent for the Transaction to be processed and for the relevant Fees to be charged and deducted from your Account. All Transactions made using your PIN or your Account ID Information are deemed to be authorised by you. You also agree that once consent has been provided by you, the authorised Transaction can no longer be revoked. To this extent, the time of receipt of the Transaction request (and therefor the time of consent) is the time when the “agree” button has been pressed (or such equivalent button or process).
6.7 We may refuse to execute any Transaction in the following circumstances:
- we reasonably believe that you did not give us the instruction;
- we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity;
- your instructions are unclear, incomplete or not in the required form;
6.8 Merchants may not be able to authorise a Payment if they cannot obtain online authorisation from us (for example, if they are unable to access the internet).
6.9 You are fully responsible for the instructions you give to us and as a result we may not be able to detect errors in your Transaction instructions. It is important that you ensure all the details entered in respect of any Transaction are accurate. Any Transaction will be deemed to have been correctly executed where it has been executed in accordance with your instructions. However, we may in some circumstances, be able to assist you in recovering the funds involved and will apply the relevant Fee for doing so, per the Fee Table.
6.10 Transactions are final and are not reversible save in the following circumstances and at our sole discretion:
- where we confirm there has been a Merchant error;
- where there is illegal activity involving your Account; or
6.11 You acknowledge that certain of our Transaction options will require different types and levels of identity and security validation and verification checks, including use of third party validation and verification systems, and you agree to us applying our reasonable discretion in using and sharing relevant personal data to conduct such identity and security validation and verification checks if you choose such options.
6.12 You also acknowledge that for security purposes, certain of our Transaction options impose minimum and maximum limits on the amounts that may be transferred. We reserve the right to impose limits on the amount of any Transaction and the frequency you may use a particular Transaction option. Further information is available on the Website. These limits are subject to change from time to time without notice.
6.13 Account Limits
- The balance in your Account must not exceed USD 50,000 (fifty thousand US dollars) or the equivalent amount in the currency of your Account (the “Account Limit”).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your Account balance does not exceed the Account Limit. We will not automatically block transactions to prevent your Account exceeding the Account Limit so you should regularly check your Account balance to ensure it is within the Account Limit.
- If you exceed the Account Limit, you must bring your Account balance below or equal to the Account Limit within 60 (sixty) days of the date you exceeded the Account Limit.
7. CARD EXPIRY, LOSS AND DAMAGE
7.2 Upon expiry of your Card, we will only automatically renew Cards that have been used within the 12 months prior to expiry. A charge will not be applied if your Card is automatically renewed.
7.3 If you so request, we will replace a Card which has been lost, stolen or damaged. A Fee will be applicable for replacing a Card that has been lost, stolen or damaged.
7.4 If you find your Card after you have reported it lost, stolen or misused, you must destroy it and inform us immediately.
8.1 We will charge you the Fees set out on our Website for each Transaction. You authorise us to debit from your Account any applicable Fees at the time of a Transaction. We may also charge you certain administration Fees, including, but not limited to, in relation to ongoing management of inactive accounts, debt collection and reprocessing charges in case of insufficient funds. All Fees will be charged in the currency of your Account and you agree that we may debit by way of set-off from your Account any Fees, charges or other amounts owing to us and payable by you in connection with the NETELLER Service. All Card Fees will be charged in the currency of your Account, regardless of the currency of the Card or the Transaction.
8.2 We reserve the right to change the Fees from time to time, which will be implemented in accordance with Section 2.2. Updates will be indicated on the Fees page of our Website. Changes to the reference exchange rate shall apply immediately, without prior notice..
8.3 Please be aware that some ATM providers charge additional fees for the use of their ATMs. It is your responsibility to check before proceeding with your Transaction.
8.4 If you have funds in your Account and have not made any Transactions from or to your Account for a period of 14 months (“Inactive Account” or “Account Inactivity”) we will charge an administration fee (“Administration Fee”). You will be notified of this one month in advance by email. The Administration Fee will be charged annually and will be deducted from the available funds in your Account (we will not, however, cause you to go into a negative balance). By way of example:
- After your Account has been inactive for 14 months, we will apply an Inactive Account Administration Fee. You will still be able to access your Account should you wish to make a Transaction in the future.
- After a further 12 months of Account Inactivity (or 26 months of Account Inactivity in total), we will apply a second Inactive Account Administration Fee (if there are sufficient funds in your Account). You will still be able to access your Account should you wish to make a Transaction in the future.
- Six years after the date we close your Account, any funds which remain unclaimed will expire and be forfeited.
8.5 Details of the amount of the Administration Fee can be found on the Fees page of the Website. The Administration Fee will be charged until one of the following events occurs:
- you make a Transaction;
- the Account balance reaches zero; or
8.6 If you subscribe to the Loyalty Rewards Program, your Points balance will also expire in accordance with the NETELLER Rewards Program Terms, section 3 “If you do not perform a Qualifying Transaction”. For further information, please refer to the Loyalty Rewards Program Terms.
9. CURRENCY EXCHANGE
9.1 When you register your Account, you have the option of choosing from a list of currencies, which will be the currency in which your Account will be denominated.
9.2 If you use your Card to make a Transaction in a currency other than the issue currency of your Card, then such a Transaction will be converted to the currency of your Card on the day we receive final settlement for the Transaction (typically 72 hours after you make the Transaction). You will receive an estimate of the converted amount at the time you make the Transaction, but this may be less, or more, than the final amount deducted from your Account due to exchange rate fluctuations. We will use Mastercard authorised rates applicable for such a Transaction. A foreign exchange fee will also apply (see the Fees section on our Website for further details).
9.3 If you apply for a Card in a currency that is different to the currency of your Account, all Transactions you make from your Account using your Card will incur a foreign exchange fee. Any Transaction you make in a currency which is different to both the currency of your Card and your Account, will incur an additional foreign exchange fee (e.g. you will be charged an exchange fee for the currency conversion from the Transaction currency into the currency of your Card and a further fee for the currency conversion into the currency of your Account). We recommend that you choose the same currency for your Card as the currency of your Account.
10. CHARGEBACKS, NEGATIVE BALANCES AND REFUNDS
10.1 If you Deposit funds into your Account and then authorise a Payment or Withdrawal of those funds, you agree that you will not charge back, cancel, reverse or de-authorise the payment method used to make that Deposit.
10.2 Without limiting our rights or remedies, if you do charge back, cancel, reverse or de-authorise a payment in such circumstances, you are responsible for refunding the payment to us. We may, at our discretion, recover the amount by reducing your Account balance, re-charging your credit card or bank account for the amount or otherwise collecting such amount from you.
10.4 We reserve the right, at any time, to send you reminders or to take other debt collection measures including but not limited to mandating a debt collection agency or solicitors or to pursue the claim in court. We reserve the right to charge you the expenses we reasonably incur in connection with any such debt collection or enforcement efforts. This provision shall survive termination of the relationship between you and us.
10.5 If you receive a refund for purchases made with your Card, the refund will be paid to your Account. For legal reasons, you are not entitled to receive refunds in cash for Transactions made using your Card. Refunds may take up to 30 days to process.
10.6 We accept no responsibility for the goods or services you purchase using the NETELLER Service. All such disputes must be addressed directly with the Merchant providing the relevant goods or services. Where you have used your Card to buy goods or services you may have a claim against the Merchant if the goods or services are unsatisfactory, not supplied, supplied only in part or do not match the supplier’s description. You must notify us of any dispute within 60 days of the purchase and the chargeback will only be applied to your account if successfully secured from the merchant through Mastercard; Mastercard and not us will determine who will win the chargeback. If you wrongly make a chargeback claim, we will be entitled to charge you any fees we reasonably incur in pursuing the chargeback claim and we will be entitled to debit your Account with the amount of any such fees.
12. KEEPING YOUR ACCOUNT AND CARD SAFE
- using the NETELLER Service to obtain a cash advance (or assisting others in such activity);
- using the NETELLER Service for any purpose contrary to laws, statutes or regulations applicable to you, including without limitation, those concerning money laundering, fraud, criminal activity, financial services or consumer protection;
- sending unsolicited email or similar methods of mass messaging (spam);
- using the NETELLER Service for any Prohibited Transaction;
- harassing or engaging in obscene, rude or abusive behaviour against us or any of our representatives; and
- tampering, hacking, modifying, damaging, interfering with or otherwise corrupting the security or functionality of the NETELLER Service, or attempting to do any of the foregoing.
13. UNAUTHORISED, NON-EXECUTED OR INCORRECTLY EXECUTED TRANSACTIONS
13.1 If you think that you have lost any of your Account ID Information, or they have been stolen, or in the event of an unauthorised Transaction, or a Transaction which has not been executed or has been incorrectly executed by us, you must let us know without undue delay and in any case no later than 13 months after the debit date, through our email support form or by contacting the Customer Contact Centre. If requested to, you must also write to us within seven days to confirm the loss, theft or possible misuse.
13.2 Subject to sections 13.3 and 13.4, you shall be entitled to a refund in the amount of an unauthorised Transaction or a Transaction incorrectly executed by us and, where applicable, restoration of your Account to the state it would have been in had the unauthorised or incorrectly executed Transaction not taken place, provided you have notified us of the Transaction in question without undue delay and in any case no later than 13 months after the debit date (save where we have failed to provide or make available the required transaction information to you). Any undue delay in making a notification may result in you being liable for any losses as a result.
13.3 Subject to section 13.4, you are liable up to a maximum of £50 (or the equivalent in the local currency) for any losses incurred in respect of an unauthorised Transaction arising from:
13.4 You will not be liable for any losses which arise after you have notified us that you believe any of your Account ID Information has been stolen or might be used in an unauthorised way, as specified in section 13.1.
14.2 You acknowledge and accept that: (i) when speaking to our Customer Contact Centre agents, your call may be monitored and/or recorded for quality assurance, training and security and fraud protection purposes; (ii) for fraud and security purposes your records are kept by us even after your Account is closed; and (iii) for identity validation and verification purposes, the following information may be provided to Merchants with whom you make a Transaction: name, Account number, jurisdiction, country of residence, nationality, residential address, postal code, email address, date of birth, and/or IP address.
15. SUSPENDING OR CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT AND CANCELLING YOUR CARD
15.1 You have the right to close your Account and thereby terminate your agreement with us (and your right to use the NETELLER Service) at any time by notifying our Customer Contact Centre.
16. WARRANTIES, LIABILITIES AND DISCLAIMERS
16.1 We reserve the right to validate and verify any of the information that you provide to us with third parties at any time.
16.2 Without limiting section 6, we shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that debits and credits to your Account are processed in a timely manner. However, a number of factors, several of which are outside of our control, will contribute to when the processing will be completed. For example, as your Card is linked to your Account, your Card may not work if there problems with the NETELLER Service, and your ability to use your Card may be interrupted when maintenance works to the NETELLER Service are carried out. We make no representations or warranties as to continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the NETELLER Service, which may be affected by factors outside our control, or may be subject to periodic testing, repair, upgrade, outages or maintenance.
16.3 We assume that prior to opening your Account you have determined that opening and maintaining your Account does not violate any law or regulations in your country of residence and jurisdiction. You warrant that you are not violating any laws or regulations by your use of the NETELLER Service and you agree to indemnify us, our affiliates, holding companies, subsidiaries, agents and subcontractors, from and against any and all liability that might arise from your use of the NETELLER Service in violation of any law or regulation. This provision shall survive termination of the relationship between you and us.
16.5 Neither we nor any of our affiliates, holding companies, subsidiaries, agents or subcontractors shall be responsible for any claim, loss or damage suffered or incurred by you or any third party unless it has been caused as a direct result of our negligence or wilful misconduct; provided that under no circumstances shall we, our affiliates, holding companies, subsidiaries, agents or subcontractors be liable for any claim, loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by any of the following:
16.6 IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, HOLDING COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE, WILFUL MISCONDUCT, TORT, CONTRACT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FUNDAMENTAL BREACH OR BREACH OF A FUNDAMENTAL TERM) OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LAW, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF INCOME, FAILURE TO REALISE EXPECTED REVENUES OR SAVINGS, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY ECONOMIC OR PECUNIARY LOSS.
16.7 We disclaim any and all liability for any goods or services bought or sold by you that are settled through your use of the NETELLER Service.
16.9 We confirm that Paysafe Group Plc retains all right, title, and interest in and to all trademarks, trade names, logos, Website designs, text, content and graphics, and other intellectual property rights used by us in relation to the NETELLER Service and any use, reproduction, modification, or distribution by you of such trademarks, trade names, logos, Website designs, text, content, graphics, or other intellectual property rights, is prohibited.
17. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
17.1 We refer you to our complaints procedure referred to in section 2.5 hereof for any complaint or dispute you may have concerning your Account. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may also complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service which applies to services offered by us.
17.2 You may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service by:
17.3 You agree to waive any right you may have to commence or participate in any class action suit or proceeding against us, our affiliates, holding companies, subsidiaries, agents and subcontractors arising out of or relating to any dispute, claim or error and you also agree to opt out of any class proceedings against us.
17.4 We encourage you to inspect your Account history online and to print or save a copy of all Transaction data for future reference. If your Account history shows Transactions that you did not make or authorise, you must notify us immediately upon identification or suspicion, pursuant to section 13.1.
18.1 We may engage the services of one or more affiliates, holding companies, subsidiaries, agents or subcontractors in order to fulfil our obligations.
19. NETELLER SUPPORT
19.1 Our Customer Contact Centre is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can find contact details on the Website. A Lost and Stolen reporting service for Cards is also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the details of which can be found on the back of your Card, or on the Website. You will need the permission of the bill payer before making any telephone call. We may record any conversation you have with the Customer Contact Centre for training and/or monitoring purposes.