How can I send money to a mobile phone (NETELLER Money Transfer)?
Send money instantly to friends and family members - the only thing you need is their phone number. Keep in mind that the recipient’s phone number needs to be registered and verified. Simply follow the steps below:
- Select NETELLER Money Transfer from the Transfer section of your NETELLER account.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number or select a person from your Recent recipients' list.
- Enter the amount. If the total amount, including the fee, is bigger than what you currently have as an available balance, you will get the option to pay with a card directly. Either select an already registered card or add a new one.
- Check the summary of the transaction and confirm it with your Secure ID.
If the recipient doesn’t have a NETELLER account, they will get an SMS/push notification to register within the next 14 days to receive the money. In the meantime, the payment will remain pending. Once the recipient registers a NETELLER account, its status will become processed. If the recipient doesn't register an account, the transaction will be automatically canceled, and the money will return to your NETELLER balance.
The phone number should be entered as follows:
- Must start with country code (e.g. +44);
- Add country code with “+”, not “00” before the mobile number;
- Spaces, if used, are auto-adjusted by the system;
- Brackets and dashes are not accepted.
Make sure that:
- your internet connection is stable and you aren't using a proxy or VPN connection
- the pop-ups on your browser are enabled;
- the recipient’s account is open and active;
- you send funds to NETELLER customers only if you know and trust them, as once a NETELLER Money Transfer is processed, it cannot be canceled or returned.
What should I do if the recipient's phone number isn't registered/verified?
If you sent money but the payment isn't received, that's usually because the recipient's phone number isn't yet registered or verified.
The recipient is notified via SMS that money has been sent to them. A link is included for them to claim the funds within 14 days. If they don’t yet have an account with us, they need to create one by simply following the steps. If they do have an account but it's registered with a different number, they will have to update the number, and then verify it via Settings > Personal Details > Verify/ Edit Phone Number (available only via web browser).
You can verify your phone number either at registration or from Settings > Personal Details > Phone number > Verify (available only via web browser). A short 6-digit code will be sent to your number, which you need to copy/paste or type in within 15 minutes. If you haven’t received it, you can request up to 5 additional codes.
What are the fees and the limits?
Your send limits and fees will be displayed during the transaction. For more information about our fees, visit our Fees page. Note that for transactions involving currency conversion, an additional fee applies.
I can't complete a NETELLER Money Transfer. Why?
This may happen when:
- The recipient’s account is temporarily disabled. Contact them to confirm their account is in good standing or try the transaction a bit later with a different amount.
- You might be entering an invalid phone number. Ensure the phone number is valid and correct.
- You don’t have enough balance. If the amount you wish to transfer is bigger than your account balance, you can choose one of your registered credit/debit cards to complete the payment.
- Your account is temporarily restricted for outgoing payments. Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.